Friday, December 10, 2010

quilt sells for $70,000

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8181169

if you go to the above link you will read about a lady who sold her quilt for $70k this year in Melbourne!!!

I had read about this a little while ago and then when I just logged into the Internet it came up on the news. Lucky woman!! of course she deserves the money as we all know how much time and effort go into making a quilt.

I have been slack in blogging recently but I promise to do a nice fat blog soon about all the goings on, 16Th birthdays, U2 concert, sausage sizzles (70kg of snags!) fun night at the pool with inflatables and pizzas, end of year Irish dance concerts, end of year swim club events.... oh me oh my the list goes on!

Then there are the book lists for next year! I need to get a second mortgage on them not to mention electives (and this is a public school) Also will need new uniforms for growing girls and shoes *sigh*

the jumper alone costs $81 Book lists had to be in 2 days ago and the noisy one hadn't even brought her books home yet, so I didn't even know what she had and if I could sell them (need to investigate that) I have ended up buying some folders which I know we don't need grrrrr. I guess I could set up a stand and sell them outside the school!

1 comment:

Christine M said...

Hi Libby. Checked out the quilt. Robyne bought that quilt to NOTY once. Not sure if you were a member then. It was amazing and she shared lots of stories about the different sections. I don't know if I could ever sell something I spent 3000 hours on. Well, maybe for a million or two!