Wednesday, December 15, 2010

blood donating


Not much time to blog tonight but will ask you all to go and look at curlypops blog as she talks about how important donating blood is, specially at this time of year.

Please don't put this off and say "I don't have time", make time!! I must tell you all that I am unable to donate blood due to being in the UK durning the late 80s, early 90s so they think I have mad cows disease.

I was a regular donor as I have O neg blood and I find this soooo frustrating as it was important to me to be able to do this and know that I was helping someone who needed my blood!

I am taking the froglet as she expressed to me earlier in the year that she would like to become a donor when she turned 16. So we are off to the blood bank in the coming week to do her first donation! She too is a O neg so hopefully she will be able to donate!

So don't come up with flimsy excuses, just do it!

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Thanks so much for posting this Libster. Hope it inspires some new donors, and please say thanks to the froglet for me!

Christine M said...

I'm like you Libby. They don't want my blood either as I was living the the UK in the late 80's. So I might just have mad cow disease too!