Friday, January 29, 2010

my daughters quilt

I have been working the last couple of days but last night I managed to baste a quilt for my niece, thanks Maddie for the help. I will post a photo of this quilt when I have quilted it.

In the meantime I thought I would share some photos with you of an epic quilt I made for the noisy one. The centre fabric was a special gift from a special friend who taught me a lot about quilting, most of it via the Internet. I love pretty fabrics, especially the Robyn Pandolph ranges and similar ranges and have amassed a decent amount of fat quarters.

I finally found the pattern I wanted to use, its a Jane Austin style pattern, but instead of using diamonds, you use squares. The pattern is from an Australian patchwork and quilting mag, but I must confess I don't know which one.











The quilt ended up being enormous so I decided to have the quilt professionally quilted. Anita Ellis of Hillside quilting in Warrandyte did a fantastic job and custom quilted it perfectly! I asked for feathers and basically left the rest of it up to her!

Hope you all have a quilty weekend, or whatever floats your boat! :)

1 comment:

Christine - MacDonald's Patch said...

Hi Libby, Trying again to leave a comment. The quilt looks great!