Saturday, February 21, 2015

New project prepping

 I bought a pattern last year at my guilds quilt show... or was it the year before?  Anyhoo, I sat down and went through the pattern on Friday, figuring out what I needed.
 This morning I got up at 6am to ride before the heat kicked in and when I came home I stood for quite a few hours prepping all the blocks.  I had a lot of fabric already cut and sorted into bags to make it easy when I want stuff for projects.
So most of it was cross cutting and making sure I didn't have the same fabrics in each bag.  So now I have 12 blocks ready to piece... well not quite, I will have to mark my seam allowance first. But that's something i do while I sit in front of the TV each evening.  Then I can grab a bag and go!

I will be hand piecing the blocks and then applique and embroider them.  Not sure who will receive this quilt but I shall enjoy making it... will be a long term project, I still have to keep on piecing my double wedding ring!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Looking forward to the viewing of each block upon completion. Love the fabrics you have chosen.

Libster said...

might be a while before i get started on it.... this is yet more of my stash of robyn pandolphs and like fabrics..... i thought i might make a dint in it with this project.... HA!