Saturday, January 3, 2015

too hot to do much except sew!

 It was a warm night last night here so I was up early and got stuck into some sewing projects that have been neglected for the last few weeks.  This is a table topper that I have made for one of my mums friends for Christmas.  I popped into spotlight yesterday to get some more iron on pellon as i decided that the batting I have is too thick for this.

I was able to pin it on my tiled floor and did some basic quilting that suited this country style fabric.
 I had some left over squares so I made a mug rug.  Yes its late, but mum hasn't seen her yet so its okay.
 This is the backing for another UFO that I started many years ago, its a millamac pattern I shall post a picture of the front when I have finished it, I have kept it hidden from the froglet for many years and now she is moving out (sob) its a perfect time to give it to her
 Seeing that it was such a hot day the fisherman decided to clean down the veranda ready to re oil it during the week.  It was good that I had put the inflatable pool up to cool down in after we moved all the crap things off.
Milly was on hand to supervise the goings on and had a swim with us in the pool!

No comments: