Wednesday, May 14, 2014

hand piecing


 The down side of feeling sick, is that you feel like crap, you cant do what you want to do. You don't feel like going out to get basic daily needs ie: milk and bread and  something for dinner.... mind you, cooking is the last thing on my mind.

 An up side?  well I have sat and watched TV and done hand piecing of the double wedding ring.
 I have sat and cheered on Orica Green Edge cycling team as they ride in the Giro D'Italia... well I have seen the highlights as its on at an ungodly hour of the morning. OGE are the Aussie team for the non cycling fans and they are doing extremely well!
 Milly has made the most of me sitting still for such extended periods and is either on my legs as above or curled up, don't you love the way they curl up into such a small tidy ball.
 I have managed to get a fair bit of stitching done which has helped cheer me up.
 I recently saw a photo on face book of a bride who had wrapped herself in the DWR quilt her mother made her for a wedding gift.  It made me smile and have tears of joy thinking how lovely the picture was and how much the mother of the bride would be delighted.
 I showed the froglet the photo, (she is the recipient of the DWR I am making), she told me she wants a photo just like that one of the bride wrapped in her quilt....  my heart nearly stopped with joy!  I have quite a few years before I need to worry but its given me an incentive to make sure it is finished on time.
Cookie also decided he had to get a little lap action tonight too and sat on his 'mummy' he isn't a big one for doing lap time, so we all feel rather privileged when he chooses one of us for a cuddle.

2 comments:

QueenB said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it is very short lived and you are back in the swing of things soon.

Libster said...

thanks simone, i hope so too