Tuesday, May 11, 2010

pie


Yesterday I was at Aldi and I spied this pie maker for only $14.99 I have admired these things for many years and refused to pay $60 or so for one of the name brand ones. So when I saw this little sucker, I decided to indulge myself.


now the ones at the front look a little odd as I had rolled out the pastry and it puffed up abit..... was yum though!

I bought some mince and some mushrooms and made beef and mushroom pies, I thought I would be able to freeze some... HA! they all disappeared (this is a good thing of course!) I ran out of meat mixture and decided to make a few sweet pies with the remaining pastry. I used some of those fruit puree things that the kids used to eat by the truck load and of course they wont touch them now! sprinkled some sugar on top and BINGO!!

the froglet wants to try making quiche! mmmmm got some bacon left over from mothers day breakfast....

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Glad to see you are getting plenty of use out of your pie maker. Sounds like your family is also enjoying the benefits of your latest purchase.

QueenB said...

Go Girl, now the rest of the family can make you lunch or dinner if there is enough pastry or would bread be a substitute??

Frogdancer said...

Our pie maker gets dragged out a lot on Thursdays. That's music lesson day, when I'm taking 3 of the kids to different places and I don't get home till after 6.15. Nice and easy meal prep!