Sunday, February 7, 2010

one UFO almost done


Today was a good day for ice cream! I was lucky enough to get to another market today, the old Greensborough market has moved to Latrobe Uni. I bought myself 4 books today for a whole $20 which is less than what I would pay for one of them brand new so I'm rather happy with my purchases.

Some nice smelly soaps for the girls.... nothing like the smell of strawberry soap to lure them into the shower heheheh.

Today I set my machine up for quilting the cherry quilt I made the other week. Its the first one I have done on my new bernina with the BSR and I'm very happy with the results. Far from perfect quilting but so much easier than my old machine. I have sewn on the binding and will sit and sew it down tonight.

Some of my friends at my quilting guild helped me baste another quilt on Thursday night so I have another one ready to go once I have finished this one. That's one of the things I love about my group, we all help each other with whatever it is we need. I believe in the saying "what goes around, comes around".


I planted a few herbs and some rocket seeds the other day in my mini greenhouse and when I took a peek at them today I found a few little green bits popping up already. One of my friends has a new house and garden so I will share some of the seedlings with her as I will have too many once they start to grow bigger (I hope!).

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Thankyou - you just reminded me that I have ice cream in the freezer ...yum!

CurlyPops said...

Hey Libster, I can never reply to your comments because that no reply blogger comment thingy comes up!
I did get out the Sara Lee Honeycomb and butterscotch...it was yum!