Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bullion roses



I finished quilting my nieces birthday quilt that I made for her 16Th birthday which was March 2009 opps. Better late than never! Just need to do the binding.

Here is the cherry quilt that I have made for my cousins new baby girl. Its all done apart from the label, I need the date of birth then I'm done!


Another friend had a baby girl recently also, so I have bought some bibs and singlets and then I sewed on some girly patches on some and did some bullion stitching on the little bibs.


I did a course in bullion knots many years ago and enjoy whipping up little bullion rose here and there.



I had an urge to do some cooking so I made a lemon meringue pie. I then cooked a lovely roast lamb dinner in the BBQ... so less mess!! The gas bottle didn't fail to run out on me like it does every time but this time I was prepared!!

Hope you had a lovely weekend and if you celebrate Valentines day that you had a nice day with your loved one. The fisherman is as romantic as a rock so you can guess we don't 'do' gifts, however I did buy him a large toblerone as I always buy him some chocolate.

2 comments:

Christine M said...

The quilts look great Libby. So do the bibs and singlets. Now that you've enticed us with your lemon meringue pie, I really feel you should bring another one Thursday night!!

Jennifer said...

Love the bullion stitches - just divine. Dibs the lemon meringue pie - Saturday would be good, hint hint. The quilts look gorgeous too