Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In search of the sheriff of nottingham

No trip to London is complete without a visit to Harrods!


This was the price of a nice piece of Salmon... 95 quid!!! eeeekkkk!


We left London and drove up to visit the fisherman's dad in Nottingham. We visited the castle and found the gardens to be in bloom with all the lovely spring flowers, I don't know what this one is but it caught my eye.

As usual the castle was decorated with gargoyles and other concrete beasties.

The oldest pub in England is here in Nottingham, it has small doors and low ceilings as they weren't very big people back in the olden days!


I must add that it is the coldest day ever recorded here in Melbourne in May, there has been snow up in the Alps (nearly 20cm in Falls creek) ski season could be massive this year!! We had snow up in the Dandenongs which is only about 45min drive from here..... my friend just said its very cold, to which I replied... cold enough to snow!! LOL

No comments: