Saturday, February 1, 2014

tram tracks

Today's post is brought to you by the letters T and W.
 Today's valuable lesson was in how to fall gracefully off ones road bike on tram tracks.  Yes Road bike wheels fit into tram tracks very nicely.

these aren't my actual wheels (wishful thinking there!) But they give you an idea of my wheels  

 This is however an actual picture of my elbow that took the brunt of my fall today.  could have been much worse, my bestie who fell a few weeks ago is still nursing a sore arm, but is riding with me still. (waiting for someone to tell us that perhaps we shouldn't ride together any more lol)
So here is my garmin... shows you the time I started, how long we rode for and the distance. Was a nice ride and we missed most of the heat (36 degrees here today)

So the quilt for the boyfriend continues... strips are being sewn together, and four patches are now ready to have the next part sewn to them.
S
 I'm really pleased with the colours and pattern, I hope that he will appreciate the quilt, I usually only make them for those that I hold close to me and that will understand the time and love that has gone into them....

Have you ever given a handmade gift to someone and realised that they have no idea how much time and effort can go into something specially made?

2 comments:

QueenB said...

Ouch! you were very lucky it wasn't worse. Congrats on the long ride I know I couldn't do that (maybe in my dreams). Hope to see the quilt soon, love the colours.

Nita said...

I once fell off going over rail tracks out on a country road. Wasn't hurt, but very embarrassed even though nobody was around to see me, lol! I look forward to spring and getting my bike out of the garage.