Sunday, June 25, 2017

Trip to Perth and new projects

 Introducing Bear!  he is the froglets puppy, he is a dachshund x boarder collie.  I kid you not!  Hes gorgeous and very cheeky.  I went to Perth where her man is currently posted to see where they are living and catch up with her, I managed to find 3 bike shops, 3 patchwork shops and a few good coffees.
 I hired a bike for 5 hours and got a nice 60km ride with Doris (you gotta name your bike!) We rode up and around the river, found a great coffee  of course.  The weather was amazing while I was there, didn't put the winter woolies on at all.
 I came home to slightly cooler conditions and had a few rides in the fog!  Its actually very peaceful when its foggy, but you have to be more cautious and we always have our lights on regardless of time of day or the conditions.
 My legs got a little dewy on this ride.  Like my socks?  they are called disco... and yes I wear odd socks :)
 On a quilting/stitching note, I have finished my bike stitchery, need to put it in something now....
So my next stitchery is this one..... I actually have enlarged it as it was a little tiny for me... I will turn this into a cushion.
 This is called cactus rose.  Its paper piecing of the extreme hahahha. I haven't done any paper piecing but one of my cycling buddies has, so she is going to torture me with this.  I guess its fair payback as I take her out for 'challenging' rides... shes getting stronger and fitter!

This isn't my quilt, I have bought some lovely fossil ferns in Perth and supplemented them with some other fabrics... I will take pictures for the next post.. promise.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like a good time in Perth.....