Thursday, April 6, 2017

conquering the 7 peaks

 Been a little busy recently..... I completed the 7 peaks with my hubby and help from my friends.
 This entails you, the cyclist to ride up 7 peaks in Victoria.  You receive a passport which you get stamped at the top of each peak.  The season starts in October and finishes at the end of March the following year.
 There is Mt Buffalo, Falls creek, Mt Buller and Lake Mountain. Dinner Plains, Mt Hotham and Baw Baw.
We only got rained on (and sleet at the top) on Lake Mountain.. the rest of the climbs were with perfect cycling weather, for me that equals not too hot and a gentle breeze.
 My favourite climb and descent was Falls Creek.  This is a beautiful 30km ride with undulating hills.
 I also Loved doing Mt Hotham as that was also 30km and very challenging.
 However  the shortest climb was Mt Baw Baw and this was by far the hardest with nasty short pinchy climbs. my fisherman/mamil has decided he doesn't want to do this particular climb ever again and I don't blame him as on his first attempt at descending (after a successful but long climb) he had a nasty fall and was airlifted to hospital.  He was fine, how he didn't break a bone we don't know but he did bring a fair bit of gravel with him on his butt... we laugh now, but his helmet definitely saved his life.
 I hope to climb some of these mountains again next year.... perhaps even Baw Baw....  don't worry though I'm not going to descend on my bike, I'm not that mad hahah.


2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Great effort...... You have done so well...... Lucky all is ok after the fall.....

Christine M said...

Well done Libby and G.