Wednesday, October 11, 2017

perth trip #2 with the hubby!

 Since my last post I also celebrated another birthday, the cup above was one of the lovely gifts I received... Ive just realised that my other really lovely gift which was an old biscuit tin that has been lined and up cycled for a sewing tin isn't in the photo.
 So the hubby/fisherman/mamil came with me to visit the froglet in Perth.  We surprised her, she had no idea we were coming.
 Our second day took us for a walk to her workplace for a decent coffee and I had this really yummy breakfast.  We took the cat bus into town to organise our hire bikes for a few days.

 As we were coming back to the froglets house I saw this amazing yarn bombing, I think its one of the biggest ones Ive ever seen!
 We took our own helmets and shoes with us to Perth and hired a couple of bikes from the same place i used last time. this time though we got road bikes, a couple of cannondales.  They did us well for the two days.

 We managed to find probably one of the steepest roads in the whole of Perth that took us up to a great look out in kings park.
 I managed to navigate our way all around the river this time without getting lost!  I had decided to go back to the park I had a coffee and muffin at last time as it was a good halfway spot.

 We actually went back again the next day.... We got slightly lost going to leederville... ended up in the next suburb but found our way back easily enough.  Even the mamil was impressed with the paths and the lack of traffic we encountered on our rides.
 Of course Bear was very excited to see me again and to meet his granddad hahahah.  He slept with us for the first 3 nights.... there wasn't much room in the bed.
 The weather was perfect for us for the week we were in Perth.  we visited the beaches and lazed around when we didn't ride.
 A bit of shell hunting happened after brunch at this beach.

 On our last day we went into Fremantle to the market again and a visit to the little creatures brewery.  we got a tasting plate for their beers and ciders.  I got the stuff they didn't like!
 Also in Freo is a maritime museum and they have a O class submarine there.  The mamil got pretty excited when he found out they did tours on them.  So we managed to get on the last tour of the day.  He was really pleased to show the froglet and her soldier boy what conditions he used to experience when he served in the RN Submarines.  The big difference was he was on bombers, which are nuclear submarines... the subs were very different but they got the general idea of what it was like in a sub.

 Someone was happy to have me home again and like all cats as soon as the bag was empty he filled it!
And finally on a quilty note, I have started my first paper piecing project. the cactus rose.  So its all prepped and ready to sew.... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I would love to visit Perth one day......... How is the new paper piecing project going?

Maddy said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Perth. Looking forward to seeing your progress on your paper piecing project.