So I finished one of jenny's sparrows for the sparrow project! I'm really happy with the way its turned out and it didn't take long to finish.
I used a variegated thread which gave the tail the 3 coloured look.
I wasn't sure what stitches Jenny used but I figured out what looked good and then just tried it out.
it worked just fine :)
Aussie Hero Quilts brought out their next block of the month. A nice simple 9 patch. So I scrabbled through my stash and found some very suitable fabrics.
I whipped up 6 blocks in no time.... my mum was over and was amazed at how quickly they came together. I didn't cut the blocks into separate 3.5" squares... I had them in strips and cross cut them, made it quicker to string piece and more accurate seams.
While cookie was snoozing I took this photo.... I saw a heap of these style pictures on face book and was in hysterics... the fisherman was highly amused when he saw me stalking the cat. Once cookie woke up he attacked the strip of paper.