Friday, December 27, 2013

More riding....

On Christmas morning my training partner and I went for an early morning ride at 6am.  We ended up having coffee (yes we found a place that was open!)  and was given a lovely home made melting moment... we decided we will return to this coffee shop as the service and coffee was good.  45km before the family woke!

Then Boxing day we decided to find some more hills to climb and rode out to unexplored territory (at least to us it was).  We did 47km today.  Some great hill challenges.... some people will know the area we rode..... Bannons Lane to Hurstbridge (awesome decent) then back around the back road  through Nutfield (so apt!) to climb back up Arthurs Creek road, along Yan Yean Rd and up the gorge road accent.... short but sharp!  When we got to the shops in South Morang we high fived each other grinning like loons and saying how far we have come with our riding in the last 18 months.

I have my big ride up to the top of Mt Buller in 12 weeks so my bestie is going to help me with my training rides.... gunna smash it!

No comments: