Friday, April 26, 2013

bike riding

Last Sunday I rode 74km, was a lovely day to ride.  
Then on Thursday I rode 72km, it was ANZAC day and before we left we stood and had a minutes silence in memory of those who fought for our country.  We had our Less We Forget bands on our bikes for the duration of the ride.
The route we took was challenging, we rode up through Arthur's Creek and around the back up to Kinglake... there is a hill called Mad dog (or something like that) and you have to be mad to ride a bike up there.  Then I got told there was more....  8km of pure climbing.
Here's the profile, as you can see it just goes up and up... and up.  of course what goes up must come down!

I clocked 62km, what a massive rush!  Instead of sitting on the hard shoulder which isn't a bike lane but a nasty skinny lumpy piece of rubble I came out on the road itself... what a difference!  I shot past my bestie which put a massive grin on my face and I think I startled her!

Next time I will come out onto the road earlier.. make sure you aren't in a car behind me! I have one more saddle to test out before I make my decision...

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

74 km ??? OMG wow! It's going to take me a loooooong time to get anywhere near that.