Thursday, May 10, 2012

finally some photos!

 I have been seriously missing some photos in my blogging of recent times.  I keep finding strange photos on my camera such as the one of cookie making himself at home on the last quilt I made for my cousins new baby.  Today I was doing some mending at the table and he amused himself by batting at the cotton and needle as I tried to sew.
 I used a stripey fabric for the binding and quilted it myself with a lovely variegated cotton.  Rather than doing boring old stipples I threw in little flowers and when I got to the outer edge I decided to do more of the flowers to finish it off.
 My Friend Liz had a birthday recently and she loves crocodiles so I made her one from Jodie from Ric Rac his name is Gulliver and the pattern was really easy to follow. Gulliver came together in no time with only a few mistakes which was my fault.  I will make another one of these guys for sure.  Need to remember though to buy one of those big needles for doll/bear making though for the legs, using a small needle doesn't cut it.
 of course no post is complete without a photo of little Milly.  She is a real cutie and I doubt she will get much bigger than this.  I think I will buy her a coat and applique the words "I am a Jack Russell"  I'm always being asked if she is a Chihuahua.  I told someone she was a miniature dingo and they believed me!!
 here's a close up of my quilting.
I haven't been riding this week as I have contracted a lurgy from the froglet, so didn't even go to the gym today.  No quilting tonight either, will stay at home and have an early night.

3 comments:

Nita said...

Your Cookie looks just like my Misty! There will be a photo of her on top of a quilt in my Wednesday blog post ( or there will be as soon as I post it...it's a WIP Wednesday post and its still Tuesday here in Canada, so i cant post it until tomorrow, lol! And your Milly looks very sweet. I love your pinwheel quilt.

Wendy said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I also really love that crocodile

Nora said...

Very creeative post