Sunday, March 1, 2015

conquering Lake Mountain

 Today I did the lake mountain challenge.  I rode a total of 77.4kms  with over 25 of those being hill climbing
 I was treated to stunning views... one of the joys of cycling.
 This was the end/start of the 4km killer climb out of Marysville up towards Lake mountain.  The climb was just over 22km total and took me 2 hours and 25 Min's to complete.... it wasn't an easy climb at all.  The descent was fabulous and only took me 37mins to get down!  I reached a top speed of  76kmph   I don't remember going THAT fast :)
When my friend took this photo of me I had sweat dripping off my face, so glad you cant see me up close lol

2 comments:

Christine M said...

Well done, Libby.

Sheepish said...

Libby, If you ever get to the USA, you will be very comfortable in Denver. The scenery is about the same. Lots of ooh aah moments! The ride down my heart would have been in my throat!