Friday, May 24, 2013

How do I get sucked into these things?!

oh my lordy me.... what have I done this time!!

I have signed up with the group I ride with to do the whittlesea challenge next Sunday morning.... all 110km.

The distance isn't the issue here. Its the hills.... the big huge climb up the yea road right at the start... a nice 8% climb for 1.32km then it drops to a 5.4% for 2.4km then we reach the top and get a breather with a nice long downhill stretch for 4km 

It will be a pretty ride through Hazeldene and then Flowerdale until we reach Strathcreek for an 8.4% for 4km  this I have been told is like a spiral up to hell.  I have done last year Arthur's Seat climb which I just checked out and find its an 8% climb for 3km  so I have been very close to this already... I wish I hadn't checked that cause I just remembered how hard it got.... gulp. OMG I just saw tucked in the profile a 10% climb at the end.... end my life now......

There is a steady climb up towards Broadford with a few little peaks (after the earlier ones these are nothing!) and down into Whittlesea.

Tomorrow morning is a training ride up Humevale which is only a 3% gradient but its 7km long.

On a sewing note, I am doing some bullion grub roses on little singlets for the girls BBJ coach who had a little girl a few weeks ago to go with a lovely little crochet hat that a friend made for me to give to her.
Its the one at the front!  the ears have pipe cleaners in them so you can bend them... cant wait to see it on her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck for your ride.xx